FREE Cape York Travel Guide
This Cape York Travel Pocket Guide contains the basic information that you need for planning of your Cape York trip.
It is totally FREE of charge, and it is my present to you as thanks for your interest in this website.
I made it especially for the planning stage of your trip, and it should help you with basic decisions such as how to get here, how to get around, what kind of accommodation to use, when to go, how long time to take and roughly what places you want to visit. It also gives you a rough idea about what the trip will cost you.
You can get the guide in the end of this page.
This 50 Page Cape York Travel
* a short overview about
* what are the highlights, and
* why most travellers go to Cape York...
AND the information that you need in the planning stage, like
* when is the best time to go considering climate AND crowds (the moonsoonal climate of northern Australia - the dry and the early/late wet season, tropical cyclones, and when is Cape York most crowded)
* a short overview on how to get here (Australians would drive their own vehicle (the FREE camping spots on the way here from Sydney, Melbourne and Northern Territory are in the Destination Guide) but overseas visitors may consider flying or long distance buses or trains, and then renting or buying a vehicle in Cairns)
* the different options to get around (advantages and disadvantages of renting / joining tours / self driving, 2WD vs 4WD; road distances);
* What kind of accommodation there is. If you don't like camping you can do the whole trip staying in accommodation, however it gives you a bit less freedom in places (the complete lists of accommodation, camping and FREE camping spots are in the Destination Guide).
* some basic practical information about the availability of fuel and banking facilities as well as Aboriginal Land entry and camping permits
* what are the best Cape York activities
* Short descriptions of places (the full descriptions are again in the Destination Guide)
* how much time you should plan for the whole trip, and
* how to count your budget - roughly what you'd expect it all to cost you
This Cape York Travel Pocket Guide is What You Need When Planning Your TripOnce you have read the FREE Cape York Travel Pocket Guide, you should know what you need in an early stage of planning your trip:
1) What you want to see and do in Cape York;
2) Depending on how much you want to see and do - how long time should you plan to spend on your trip;
3) When is the best time to go;
4) How you will get here and get around;
5) What kind of accommodation are you looking at;
6) What will it all cost you.
How to Get the Cape York Travel Pocket Guide..You can download thE FREE Cape York Travel Pocket Guide below.
You will also subscribe to the newsletter, which delivers you updates both to the guide and to this website. It is important to keep yourself updated because things change.
Attractions and companies close, new ones open, other unpredictable things such as floods and tropical cyclones happen.. You need to be updated about these changes before your trip.
If you have done your trip and don't want the updates anymore, you can always unsubscribe - just by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link, which is easy to find in the end of every newsletter.
There is no catch, the book is FREE, I am not giving your email address to any third parties and I am not sending you any junk mail - just the updates about changes that are happening in the area.
If you get any questions or downloading problems, please read the information below this form.
If you want to extend to full, complete information that does not only help you with early planning, but also gives you information for later planning, and during your trip, have a look at the Visit Cape York Destination Guide.
But so far, this is where you download your FREE version:
Got any Problems Downloading the FREE Cape York Travel Pocket Guide?Some people get back to me saying that they have waited for the book to arrive by mail but it hasn't.
Well, this is not a book, it is an e-book.
What does that mean?
It means that you will get it instantly, but you have to download it.
Once you have subscribed with your name and email address, you will get all the instructions in the next web page that opens, and in the email that is sent to you.
You will first have to open the first email and confirm your "subscription".
You will then be taken to a page where you can download the free pocket guide.
If you still get problems, please contact me and I will help you.
Read more about what is an e-book
If you liked the books or this website, let others know about it!
Link to it from your website, your blog, your forum post... Share it on Facebook, Tweet about it...
Every link helps other travellers!
Thank you for doing the right thing and letting others know :-)