Visit Cape York Destination GuideThis complete, 300-pages Visit Cape York Destination Guide is all you ever need to successfully complete your trip and enjoy it.
In the early stages of planning you needed the FREE Cape York Travel Pocket Guide.
It got you started with things like when to visit Cape York, how to get here and get around, what kind of accommodation you would like to look at or whether you'd prefer FREE camping; what is there to see and do, how much time to plan for the trip, and roughly what it will cost you.
It gave you a good idea about it all, and helped you to make the big decisions, but it had no bigger detail which you need in the next planning stage.
The Full Visit Cape York Destination Guide has all the detail you ever need.
With 300 pages it is SIX TIMES the size of the pocket guide, and more than two thirds of the book are destination pages.
(You can buy it in the end of this page).
This 300-Page Visit Cape York Destination Guide Contains* Destination pages with full detail about what there is to see and do, how long time you are likely spend in a place, and practical information with opening hours, addresses and phone numbers of the local tourist information centre, bank and post office, medical centre, pharmacy and closest hospital, grocery shop, pub and bottle shop, RACQ and car mechanics...
* Each place, big or small, also has a list of camping, accommodation and tour operators including fishing, croc spotting, scenic flights, and trips to the Great Barrier Reef and Torres Strait Islands - all with details on what kind of tours and accommodation they offer and what are the prices. And of course, FREE camping sites in detail.
* In larger places, shopping and eating out including opening hours (or whether a place is open for lunch or dinner), and what kind of food they serve. It's great to have a break from bush cooking while you visit Cape York.
* Maps to give you a good idea about the area while reading, and also when you visit Cape York. They are not overloaded with information, but have the places that are mentioned in the text, which is all you want.
* Practical information about vehicle preparation and what to bring, where are the fuel stations and how long is it between them.. What EFTPOS and banking facilities are available where (no pages are simply repeated from the FREE pocket guide. If there has been the same headline in the pocket guide, the section in the destination guide is longer and has all the detail that you need to visit Cape York)
* Things you need to know: quarantine rules that also apply to you as a traveller; Aboriginal land alcohol restrictions and where exactly they apply; in what shires do you need a permit to enter the land, and/or to stay over night - and how and when you have to apply
* Accommodation - where to get a break from camping and enjoy a night in an air conditioned room (there is first a summary on information pages, then full detail with contact details and prices on destination pages)
* Camping on Aboriginal Land, and the new rules about camping in national parks. How to get around the new National Parks rules that make it almost impossible for most Cape York travellers - if you haven't booked ahead you may have no choice but camp outside. The good thing is - it's often FREE.
* FREE camping spots along the way to Cape York from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Northern Territory
* FREE camping spots in Cape York. (these are first shortly listed in the information section, and later in more detail on destination pages).
* How to get around - you can combine driving with flying, a boat trip, and you can also join a tag-along tour that makes self driving feel safer. What boats do the trips, what airlines fly where in Cape York and how to contact them (again, nothing is repeated from the pocket guide, there is more information and everything has full detail)
* Self driving - road distances, corrugations, dips, loose surfaces, bulldust, dust holes, what do think about when crossing creeks and rivers. What you should check daily on your vehicle.
* Activities - what are the good four wheel drive tracks that you should not miss? Where are the best spots for fishing, yabbying, mud crabbing? Where are the best swimming holes for a cool dip? Where are the good places for bushwalks? Where can you see carnivorous plants? What are the places where you have good chances to spot some of Cape York's famous unique birds and animals?
* Fishing, yabbying and mud crabbing rules in full detail - bag limits, size limits, no-take species, closed seasons, restricted places, special rules for fishing in the waters of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, which reaches right to the shore. Very good to know when you visit Cape York as there is a lot of excellent fishing to do.
* Remoteness, how it can be dangerous, and how to keep safe while you visit Cape York and its back tracks.
* What dangerous animals are found in Cape York and how to avoid them. Contact details to hospitals and Royal Flying Doctor Service.
* Background reading about Cape York's geology, history, and its unique plants and animals, all of which you have the chances see on your visit to Cape York. There is a separate section about where to spot the birds and animals that you find nowhere else in Australia.
* Contact details to national park rangers, indigenous councils, where to check the current weather and cyclones, and check if a particular road is open or closed exactly when you visit Cape York.
* All the prices and other detail in this book are updated once a year, early in each year, before the new season.
And detailed information about Cape York is NOT easy to come by.
A lot of work has gone into researching places in detail, finding out which bush camping spots are actually free, where do the alcohol restrictions actually apply, and getting all the contact details, opening hours, prices for you so that you can sit back and enjoy your trip :-)
Whether you are wondering about how rough a track is, where to stay tonight or where to get some food, just check with the Visit Cape York Destination Guide :-)
The Visit Cape York Destination Guide has the same quality as this website, but it is NOT a copy of this website. This website gives you a good idea about what places are like.
But it doesn't have the detail that is so valuable in the late planning stage and of course, on the trip once you visit Cape York.
With the Visit Cape York Travel Guide, wherever in Cape York you are, you can look up your closest FREE camping spot, your closest supermarket and bottle shop (and there are not too many!), your closest fuel station, your closest hospital, you name it..
The details go down to prices, phone numbers and opening hours, something that is extremely valuable once on the trip.
AND of course, should I repeat, everything else listed on this page...
It is a proper travel guide with full detail.
Visit Cape York Destination Guide
Here is where you can buy the guide. Click on the icon below and you will be taken to Pay Pal, where you can simply and securely pay for the book (haven't got Pay Pal? Scroll down).
After that, you are taken to a page where you can download the guide into your computer, where you can read it on the screen as well as print it out to get a paper copy - all within minutes!
(+10%GST for Australians = $29.70) Currency Converter
I do NOT believe that you will not like the guide! But, in the unlikely event that you would be disappointed with the book, let me know and I refund your money, no questions asked!
In case you get any problems with anything in the process contact me and I will give you a hand.
Haven't Got Pay Pal?
If you haven't got Pay Pal, you will still be taken to the same page, and on that page you have the option to sign up with Pay Pal.
And you should do that anyway. Pay Pal is the safest way to pay, where nobody will see your bank details.
When you pay with a bank card, your card details are forwarded to secure servers.
When you pay with Pay Pal, all you use is an email address that is connected to your Pay Pal account.
It is the safest way to pay and the reason why I use Pay Pal a lot.
No Refund for A**holes Policy
If you are abusive and cannot behave, I have no time for you and you do not get any refund.
I always do the right thing to everyone, there is no room for bad behaviour in my life or on this website.
If you cannot contact me in an appropriate manner, don't contact me at all because you will not get a reply.
P.S. I know that 99.9% of my readers are good people and I love you all!! I needed to put this up to stop the 0.01% from making me angry and consequently become a worse person.
They are NOT able to :-)